New French ambassador presents his credentials in Mogadishu
On January 15 2014, Ambassador Rémi Maréchaux presented his credentials to the President of the Federal Republic of Somalia, Sheikh Hassan Mohamud during a ceremony at Villa Somalia, the seat of the government in Mogadishu.
The Somali President was accompanied by the Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs, Fawzia Yusuf Haji Adam.
During the presentation of his credentials, Mr. Maréchaux reaffirmed the commitment of France to Somalia in supporting the efforts to secure and stabilize the country, and recalled the extent of our contribution, via the European Union and the United Nations in particular.
Ambassador Maréchaux then met with Prime Minister Sheikh Mohamoud Ahmed Abdiwelli and Speaker of the Parliament, Sheikh Mohamed Osman Jawari.
He also met with the Special Representative of the Secretary General of the United Nations Nicholas Kay and the AMISOM force commander, General Sila Ntigurirwa.
- 5.2 Mb
- His Exellency with President Sheikh Hassan Mohamud
- 5.1 Mb
- His Excellency with Madam Fawzia Yusuf Haji Adam.
- 3.5 Mb
- His Excellency alongside the Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs, Mrs Fawzia Yusuf Haji Adam.
- 5.1 Mb
- His Excellency with Prime Minister Sheikh Mohamoud Ahmed Abdiwelli
- 5.3 Mb
- His Excellency with the Speaker of the Parliament, Sheikh Mohamed Osman Jawari.